Not depressing at all. This is a book about life with good characters



BLURB:

I buried my twin sister six months after she found out she had cancer. Her funeral was three months ago. Today is our birthday and it started with delivery of letters from her.

It seems she didn’t trust me to move on after her death. She knows me too well. But how can I go on when my other half is just...gone? That’s not something I can recover from with a snap of my fingers. But I also can’t ignore her instructions even though I’d be perfectly content to cuddle up with my buddy, Johnnie Walker, and call it a year.

She has a list of things for me to do and there are rules attached.

There’s one major problem besides the fact it’s been three months since I left the house. I have to do all these things with her jerk of an ex, Hawk Simmons. He abandoned her shortly after she found out she was sick. If that wasn’t enough to make this a really bad idea, the fact that he makes an appearance in all my nighttime fantasies probably does.

I don’t think I can do this, but I owe it to my sister’s memory to try.


BLOG TOUR ON MAY, 19, 2017
MY REVIEW Believe in the WishBelieve in the Wish by Christi Snow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of the best books I've read this year. I loved it! I loved every single page of it! so I rounded up my 4.5 stars, to 5.

In his 25th birthday, Ethan Roberts (drunk and hurting) receives a letter from Emma, her recently dead twin sister, with a list of things he must do, assignments to accomplish with the help of Hawk Simmons, her ex and the hot, sexy man Ethan hates more than anyone in the world.

Ethan is mourning his sister death and, in the first page, we can read the really sad motto he wants to follow in that right moment:
"Sleep, that beautiful place where pain didn't exist. Where memories didn't exist. His goal in life now is to spend as much time in that space as possible"

And even if it sounds depressing as hell, it's not. This whole story is far from it.This is not a story of death. This is not a book about cancer and loss. This is the complete opposite. This is a love story. A story of life. A perfectly well written book, about how people can connect in life and be happy getting over the bad things, getting past the sad parts anyone, unfortunately, have to experience. A story of people who deserves happiness.

And after that super long introduction, if you are still with me ;) let's start with our MCs. And here, I don't want to say too much because this is a book you have to read and, discover by yourself, who Ethan and Hawk really are.

Ethan is a graphic designer whose twin has died four months ago and he doesn't seem to find his way out the hole he is in. And he doesn't want to, either. So when the help comes from Hawk, the sexy motorcycle designer who broke his twin's heart before she died, things gets complicated.

Ethan is hot, hot, hot (three times because I'm gonna give Hawk a fourth hot, a bit more, just a little bit). He is sweet, shy and he doesn´t know how to handle his life without Emma.

Hawk, on his behalf, is dealing with his own problems and loss. He is much more than Ethan thinks, much more than you reader could imagine in the first moment. He has a hard life to live too. It's not just Ethan who is mourning someone. Hawk has issues tormenting him, unresolved things hunting him.

As I said Hawk is hot, hot, hot, hot (there is four, right?) and both characters together are incredible, sexy, funny and the attraction between them is a constant turn on.
This is a couple you want to meet and know. They are full of surprises and I really love them both.

Emma deserves a special mention here, because she brought perfection to this story. She is the one who makes everything possible. She is dead, yes, and it´s very, very sad because she was young and full of life but, you are going to smile thinking about her and her fixing from the grave. This caring and beloved person, makes you believe in the wish.

This is a beautiful story you must read, nothing more and nothing else.

****An advanced reading copy of  this book  was generously provided to me   via Indigo Marketing & Design****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended Sport Romance that beats its predecessor in entertainment.

A must if you are a YA fan. Christina Lauren´s first MM novel was a winner!

Jay Northcote enters the shifters territory in a sweet metaphoric journey!